Your furnace is made up of many unique parts, and if any one of them stops functioning correctly, it could mean big problems for the entire furnace. Our HVAC technicians have decades of experience identifying and repairing faulty furnaces.
Signs of a Broken/Faulty Furnace
While the most obvious sign of a broken or malfunctioning furnace is a lack of heat, there are many other indications of a problem. Any of the following signs may signify that it’s time for a furnace repair service:
- Lack of heat/no heat at all—This could mean quite a few things, including: your thermostat is broken, your pilot light isn’t working right, or your ducts are leaking.
- Strange noises—Banging or whining noises may indicate a problem with the furnace belt, the ignition, or another faulty component.
- Increasingly high energy bills—If your usage has remained the same, but your energy bills keep increasing, it could mean that your furnace is not working properly.
- Your furnace doesn’t stay on for long—Or it may have trouble turning on and getting started. These symptoms could indicate a problem with your thermostat, pilot light, fan motor, or the wiring.
- Your pilot light is yellow—Your pilot light should be burning blue, ideally. A yellow flame means the combination of gases within the furnace is not good. It could mean your furnace is producing carbon monoxide, which can be very harmful.
- Your air quality has decreased—If you or your family have been experiencing trouble with allergies or other breathing-related problems, this could mean that your furnace is spreading irritants into the air in your home.
Have you noticed any of the above signs with your furnace? Be sure to call us right away, as the problem will likely not go away on its own. One of our certified HVAC professionals will have your furnace working great again in no time. Give us a call or contact us online to schedule a furnace repair service with us. For any furnace emergencies, contact us 24/7 at 310-831-0737.